Due to the age and character of the building, certain areas may not be suitable for some guests but the hotel does provide good access and assistance. We hope the following information will assist in planning your visit. We would also welcome any advice from visitors who feel we could do more to accommodate certain user groups.
Car Parking & Arrival
- Riverside gardens and car park are all on one level. 2 designated parking bays with wide access are close to the main entrance & assistance can be arranged on arrival.
- Reception is close to the entrance with wide doorways. The desk has a low level shelf which is suitable for signing in and checking out if restricted to a chair.
- Luggage & personal assistance on arrival or departure can be provided.
- 14 Ground floor bedrooms all on one level. Corridor doorways are wide with automatic fire doors. There are 5 emergency exits on the ground floor providing short access onto level ground. 1 exit does have a ramp.
- 1 specifically designed bedroom with wet room and low level fittings. Grab bars and a shower seat are fitted. Emergency pull cord alarm linked directly to reception.
- Our management team, night porters or receptionists are briefed regarding any specific requirements during an emergency.
- The Derwent Restaurant is on one level with wide doors. Tables can be requested near to entrance if preferred. Table heights are suitable for most wheelchair types.
- A ground floor WC has been specifically designed for guests with limited mobility and for anyone using wheelchairs. Low level fittings, support/grab bars and an emergency pull cord are fitted. The main public toilets are not suitable for wheelchair access but are on one level and conveniently located.
- The Lounge Bar is also on one level and is open for meals and drinks throughout the day. Table service is provided for all guests.
- The Terrace Bar & Bistro is not accessible or suitable for those restricted to wheelchair use. The Terrace Bistro has three steps up into the room itself. Outside in the courtyard, there is a ramp but access inside is via three steps. Toilet facilities in The Terrace are not suitable for guests with limited mobility.
Room Service & Garden Service
- We provide full room service for breakfast and meals & drinks from our bistro menu all day until 9.30pm. For guests with limited mobility, we do not charge a room service supplement.
- Garden orders are normally handled at the main bar inside the hotel. However, we will gladly offer garden table service on request for guests who may need assistance.
- Our ground floor corridors, entrance area, bar, lounges and restaurant are all on one level and are well lit.
- Furnishings, carpets and wall coverings offer good contrast for those with poor or partial sight.
- Assistance can be provided if required although the routes through the ground floor have few obstacles or trip hazards.
- We do not have Braille signage, menus or information packs but assistance can be provided by staff in all departments if required. Signage is clear and well lit and large print menus can be provided on request.
- Dogs are not permitted in bar or restaurant areas but we do make an exception for guide dogs. They are allowed in all public areas of the hotel.
- The hotel does get very busy at peak times which may affect the negotiation of routes into the public areas. Assistance can be provided if required.
Hard of Hearing
- Please inform us of any difficulties you may have with hearing and we will inform our staff to assist in any way that would make your visit more enjoyable.
- Our internal telephones do have volume control.
- Our reservations team can allocate you a room that will enable you to have TV and radio at raised volume without disturbing other guests. Please advise us on booking.
- Reception can make arrangements to assist you if the fire alarms are sounded or if there is an emergency.
The Trout Hotel welcomes families with children. The following facilities are available:
- 2 Family rooms with separate bedrooms for children. Cots are available on request.
- A range of larger rooms are available with pull out beds & ample space for cots.
- The Bistro and Lounge Bar offers menus suitable for children under 10 years. Activity sheets and crayons/pencils are provided.
- The hotel provides free baby mash if required and free fruit shoots for under 10’s.
- The hotel has an ample supply of high chairs & baby changing facilities.